Chebe Hair Paste – Made with beef fat (tallow). Traditionally women in Chad use beef fat with their Chebe. This paste has essential oils to mask the tallow smell and enhance your experience. Chebe hair paste takes the guesswork out of the Chebe application, making this easier and more convenient than the Chebe powder. Contains vitamins A, B12, and other hair nutrients. M-P411
Chebe (pronounced shea bay) powder is a traditional hair growth remedy from Chad, Africa. It has been used for generations to increase hair growth and prevent breakage. All natural, and only available from plants in this remote part of Africa.
Chebe is the secret to very long hair in Chad. In Chad women’s hair often goes past their waist. For African women elsewhere, this length of hair is almost never seen. Moisturizes hair and prevents breakage. The Basara Arab women in Chad are known to have very long hair. They cover their hair in a home made mixture that keeps their hair super moisturized and lubricated which is the reason given for why they say their hair never breaks; even from childhood. This is made with ingredients that are only found in Chad and Sudan. Unlike shea butter and other hair moisturizers, Chebe penetrates the hair shaft to prevent breakage like nothing else. Also de-tangles easily making hair easier to manage.
Chebe Powder, Beef Tallow, Ostrich Oil, Essential Oils of Rosemary, Lavender and Peppermint
How Chebe is made
- The Chebe seeds, mahellaba soubianne, and cloves are individually grilled and separated. Then individually ground into a fine powder in a sort of mortar and pestle set up and those ground powders are also separated.
- The Hair Grease and scented oil are mixed together in a separate container and set aside
- The powders are then combined in the same mortar and mixed together, a few spoonfuls of the oil/grease mixture are added in and the container set aside, then that is all mixed together giving the once fine powder a texture closer to soil.
- The Missic and Resin are then ground together into a powder and added to the "soil-like" mixture.
How to use:
- Dampen your hair.
- Apply the Chebe paste to hair.
- Re-braid the hair. Once the braiding is done, wet it again with water.
- For best results, repeat the routine every 3 to 5 days.
I have been researching and trying products for months that will help my hair grow and promote strengthening. I've tried everything just about with very little improvement. But this hair paste is God's gift in a jar. I just tried it yesterday and woke up seeing already in one day an astronomical difference in the texture and feeling of my hair. It feels soft and looks like it's already stronger.
I noticed an immediate difference after my first couple of applications my hair didn’t shed as much and is thicker. To me the products in the paste outweigh the ACTUAL chebe powder.
I was a bit skeptical as other reviews but this stuff really works! My daughter had a 3 day old wash that looked and felt dry. I sprayed her hair like instructions said with water and applied the paste. It feels grainy but made her hair very soft and moisturized!
The application process is so much easier. Simple and less messy!
I was nervous to use this product at first because I thought it would smell and leave residue in my hair, like other chebe products. But the exact opposite happened. I washed and moisturized my hair like normal, then followed with the chebe and two strand twists. This product smells amazing and since it leaves no residue, I can continue to wear my hair in twistouts during the day
Chadian women show that this is not due to genetics. The women do not apply shébé powder mixture to their bangs which, in turn, stay short. However the parts of the hair which they do use the powder mixture on in their routine doesn't break and grows very long and strong.