Chebe (pronounced shea bay) powder is a traditional hair growth remedy from Chad, Africa. It has been used for generations to increase hair growth and prevent breakage. All natural, and only available from plants in this remote part of Africa.
Chebe is the secret to very long hair in Chad. In Chad women’s hair often goes past their waist. For African women elsewhere, this length of hair is almost never seen. Moisturizes hair and prevents breakage. The Basara Arab women are known to have very long hair. They cover their hair in a home made mixture that keeps their hair super moisturized and lubricated which is the reason given for why they say their hair never breaks; even from childhood. This is made with ingredients that are only found in Chad and Sudan. Unlike shea butter and other hair moisturizers, Chebe penetrates the hair shaft to prevent breakage like nothing else. Also de-tangles easily making hair easier to manage. M-P409
Lavender Croton, Prunus Mahaleb, Reisin, Clove, Gum Arabic, Vegetable Oil, Perfume.
How Chebe is made
- The Chebe seeds, mahellaba soubianne, and cloves are individually grilled and separated. Then individually ground into a fine powder in a sort of mortar and pestle set up and those ground powders are also separated.
- The Hair Grease and scented oil are mixed together in a separate container and set aside
- The powders are then combined in the same mortar and mixed together, a few spoonfuls of the oil/grease mixture are added in and the container set aside, then that is all mixed together giving the once fine powder a texture closer to soil.
- The Missic and Resin are then ground together into a powder and added to the "soil-like" mixture..
How to use:
- Dampen the hair.
- Apply the Chebe mixture. You can alternate between the scented oil/hair grease mix and the chebe powder mix until the hair is fully saturated.
- Re-braid the hair. Once the braiding is done, wet it again with water.
- For best results, repeat the routine every 3 to 5 days.
"Unbelievable results! I created a thick consistancy using leave in, oil,and a good amount of the chebe powder and applied it to my cornrows. After about 4 weeks I'm noticing my braids are super loose and decide to remove the sew in. I didn't realize until I washed my hair but it had grown about 2 INCHES in 30 Days!!!
Cons: the smell. It smells like it could be dinner It's also very messy during the application process and when you are taking your hair down the Chebe falls out and looks like dirt. " ~ Ebonie Latishaon
I just love it!!! I used it for the first time on me and my daughter's hair. I put the Chebe powder in a bowl and mix it with some water and my favorite oil. I actually just used it as a leave in and it has our hair so defined and smooth!!! Thank you so much for this great product, I love it!!
Chebe powder works. Your hair is stronger, longer, thicker, and it keeps your hair moisturize ~ Sonya McGowanon
Chebe powder is giving me something that I've been wanting for years my hair stays moisturized, and is thicker than it's every been.
I really love how the texture of my hair is changing... wish I knew about this product years ago ~ Byshirnette Youngon
Retaining length and 1" growth in 3 weeks ~ Naeon
No more hair shedding, hair is strong and thick Bysherryon March 1, 2018 Verified Purchase My chebe came right on time for me to do the chebe challenge in which I will use the chebe for one year to grow my hair.
The chebe has a very earthy smell that I like. I been using it for a couple of weeks and my hair is getting thick and it's also growing. ~ ByJoy Kingon
Chadian women show that this is not due to genetics. The women do not apply chebe powder mixture to their bangs which, in turn, stay short. However the parts of the hair which they do use the powder mixture on in their routine doesn't break and grows very long and strong.