Grapefruit essential oil is often one of the lesser known oils, people have been using lavender or eucalyptus for much longer. However, this powerful oil is surprisingly diverse in its benefits. It not only smells incredible; just like a freshly picked grapefruit, but it is incredibly healing.
Grapefruit oil is a natural:
What are the benefits of grapefruit essential oil?
- Fights Cellulite: Mix 1-2 drops with coconut oil and massage into the body in a kneading pattern every evening.
- Digestion: Stimulate the digestive system by adding a drop to water, or massaging over the abdomen.
- Fatigue: Increase your energy levels naturally by diffusing the oil or applying a drop over your chest.
- Hangover: Diffuse this oil or inhale from the bottle directly. It has a surprising effect on a hangover.
- Jet Lag: Use grapefruit while traveling to help elevate your energy levels. Inhale it directly from the bottle.
- Kidney Support: Help the urinary system by massaging the oil over your lower abdomen and back and adding to your water or smoothies.
- Mental Stress: Diffuse throughout the room or rub through your hair to uplift the mind and create clarity and confidence. You can also use topically in lotion, a bath, or over your heart center or solar plexus.
- Migraine Headaches: Relive migraines, especially migraines that come about from stress, try applying this oil topically or using in an oil burner.
- Weight-Loss: Exposure to grapefruit essential oil has been shown to decrease the appetite and help you lose weight. Use it aromatically throughout the day, especially during times of stress, and add several drops to each glass of water (this not only acts as a supplement, it flavors your water making you more likely to drink enough during the day).
- PMS: Add to a bath, place on the shirt collar or wrist as a perfume, or massage over the lower abdomen, as well as the soles of the feet to balance hormones.
Find out more about grapefruit essential oil, or get your own here.