Men and women both have to deal with different cosmetic issues such as acne, scars, and stretch marks. Scarring is often caused due to wounds, burns, and acne. On the other hand, Stretch marks are associated with puberty, changes in weight, and pregnancy, of course. If you are looking for a product that can fade away or simply reduce the appearance of these skin imperfections, African Black Soap is one of the best natural products you can turn to for help.
African black soap, also known as African soap or black soap, is the most popular skincare product. It has reached to "holy grail" status for several good reasons. It has gained lots of praise as an ideal solution for breakouts, hyper-pigmentation, stretch marks, and everything in between. Black soap is the ultimate cleansing solution for those on a budget. It is a one-size-fits-all approach to perfect skin. Unlike the synthetic soaps available at the drugstores, authentic black soap is handmade from plant-based ingredients in Africa.
This soap is native to Nigeria and West Africa. It is natural and ideal for oily or acne skin types. It is available in several forms, and some of its varieties have properties suitable for dry skin. People with skin discoloration, rashes, dermatitis, and psoriasis can use it to treat their skin. People in Africa also use black soap to shampoo their hair. They believe that it alleviates scalp irritation and itches. They use this soap as a skincare product during pregnancy. They consider it as a safe ingredient to use on their babies.
Before we discuss various skin conditions in which you can use Natural African Soap, let’s first determine the natural ingredients present in black soap.
Common Natural Ingredients in Black Soap
· Cocoa butter: It is a natural fat extracted from cacao beans. It is commonly used as a moisturizer. Cocoa butter has vitamins A and E. Both these vitamins fight against environmental damage. They also treat the signs of aging. Cocoa butter helps in retaining skin moisture and improving its elasticity. It is also believed to improve the appearance of stretch marks. It is also used to treat skin conditions like rashes, eczema, and psoriasis.
· Cocoa powder: Cocoa powder softens the skin and keeps it firm. It has anti-inflammatory properties that fight against free radicals. It also repairs damaged skin and renews skin cells. It has antioxidant properties that also deal with free radicals.
· Coconut oil: It has fatty acids that work to strengthen the lipid barrier of your skin. This oil locks moisture inside your skin. Coconut oil also helps in repairing skin damage, dry skin, and eczema. It reduces the appearance of wrinkles as well. It has cleansing and antibacterial properties. That’s why it is commonly used to remove grime and makeup. When coconut oil is combined with other ingredients, it works as a natural deodorant.
· Palm kernel oil: Palm kernel oil is extracted from the seeds of the African palm tree fruits. It has a high content of lauric acid, which has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties.
· Palm oil: Palm oil is rich in antioxidants and two forms of vitamin E, i.e., tocopherol and tocotrienol. Both these forms of Vitamin E have been proved useful in the treatment of acne and eczema. They reduce cell damage caused due to free radicals and environmental toxins.
· Plantain skins and leaves: Plantain is a popular weed high in iron and vitamins A and E. Vitamin E helps in healing, and moisturizing skin, improving its texture and tone. Vitamin A boosts collagen production. Allantoin is present in the plantain leaves that stimulates the growth of new skin cells.
· Shea butter (karite butter): It is made from karite tree nuts and has vitamins A and E that strengthen skin and repair damages. It is commonly used to heal burns, scars, and scars. It is also used to treat psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis. It promotes cell renewal and reduces the appearance of wrinkles. Shea butter is the best treatment for acne scars because it is non-comedogenic. It has anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties, which result in quick healing.
These are the common ingredients available in African Black Soap. The combination of these ingredients is used to treat different skin problems.
African Black Soap For Stretch Marks
When some changes occur in our body, these sometimes come with certain skin conditions like stretch marks. Stretch marks are scars that develop on the skin. These are caused due to rapid weight gain or loss, pregnancy, and puberty. The color of stretch marks may vary from pink, red, and reddish-brown in the initial stages. It depends on your skin color. These marks fade away with time and sink beneath the skin. But in some people, they stay intact.
Thanks to African Black Soap that has emerged as the best treatment for stretch marks. Black soap type that contains shea butter and vitamin E content can prove helpful. It can reduce the redness and overall appearance of stretch marks and other scars. Black soap may also reduce itchiness related to these scars. Black Soap with shea butter is rich in Vitamin A/E. Both these vitamins boost collagen production and improve skin elasticity. It is a great way to fade your scars by using natural black soap on the areas to improve your skin’s suppleness.
African Black Soap For Acne
Black soap is well-known for balancing the natural oil of the skin. It prevents excessive sebum production that clogs the pores of your skin. The black soap may help to improve your skin texture and skin tone. It may also clear up acne spots and uneven skin tone. It removes dead skin cells and helps repair damaged cells. African black soap is considered an excellent product for fighting acne. It has lauric acid as part of the ingredient. Coconut oil containing black soap is rich in vitamin E, capric acid, and caprylic acid. Together, these compounds calm irritated and inflamed skin. They also balance your skin pH.
On the other hand, Palm oil containing black soap is rich in linolenic acid, oleic acid, and beta-carotene. All these compounds help in healing and preventing acne breakouts. Additionally, the fats present in palm oil have anti-inflammatory properties. They create a barrier that retains moisture. The antimicrobial properties of black soap may even clear severe acne. These include acne caused by Propionibacterium acnes bacteria.
African Black Soap For Fine lines, Wrinkles & Aging
African black soap that contains plantain peels, cocoa pods, and oils is an excellent source of antioxidants. In fact, the plantain peels comprise quercetin, protocatechuic acid, and rutin. The cocoa pods have catechins, tannins, and Gallic acid. All these ingredients offer a diverse mix of flavonoids and phenolics. They have a collaborative effect on the skin. They work together to fight against free radical damage that causes the physical signs of aging. Shea butter containing black soap along with coconut oil help in reducing collagen loss. It encourages new development. This can, in turn, plump up fine lines and wrinkles. The rough texture of the black soap exfoliates dead skin cells making fine lines less noticeable.