Africa Imports Category Ranking
|Repeat Sales Potential
Clothing is the #1 category at Africa Imports. American households spend an average of $1,700 a year on clothes. In this large 2.25 billion dollar industry, the competition is high. Selling African inspired clothing is unique because the market is special and the products are unique and difficult to find, making clothing sales something you should consider.
Clothes are the best way for people to share who they are without saying one word. African clothes give people a chance to reconnect with African culture, celebrate their heritage, and stand out with vibrant colors and exquisite designs. Holidays, special events, and large demand periods such as Black History Month increase demand for African clothing. If you or people you know dress in African or African inspired clothing, this may be a great fit for you.
Tried and True Methods for Selling Clothing
- Wear the African clothing yourself! People love to find out where you got what you’re wearing.
- Post pictures of yourself wearing African clothing online in your social media. Let customers know they can get these same pieces from you!
- Hand out blank Africa Imports catalogs (catalogs without our company information) and let people order directly from you out of those.
- Display African clothing prominently in your store window. Offer discounts for first time customers or specials like “buy one dashiki, get one 50% off.”
- Have a fashion show! Invite your friends to be the models and make a party out of it!
- Stock up before and during holidays like Easter, Christmas, and events like Black History Month. Clothing always sell quickly during these times!
Top 3 Sellers
Traditional Print Dashiki
Children’s Traditional Dashiki
Traditional Print Luxury Skirt Set