Grown throughout India, the neem tree is famous not
only for its medicinal properties but also for taking care of
environmental issues. Neem is a multipurpose herb and because of its
exceptional medicinal properties of curing illness, it is often referred
to as “plant with a promise”. In ancient Ayurvedic medicine, the neem
tree is referred to as “Sarva Roga Nirvarini” – one capable of curing
every illness and ailments. Neem has been used in India since thousands
of years and is used extensively in many Ayurveda medicines for its
disease fighting properties. Every part of the tree, branch, leaves,
barks, fruits, flowers and root are extremely beneficial as they contain
azadirachtin compound which gives neem its anti-bacterial, antifungal
and anti-parasitic properties. Neem is extremely beneficial in treating
various infections and strengthening the immune system. Besides its
health benefits it is also used in a variety of household products. Neem
is a safe product to use and does not lead to any side effects. Over
the course of this week we will be posting various ways you can use neem
oil for your hair, skin and health. Today we'll begin with hair. Check
back throughout the week for more ways to use neem oil to improve your
health and beauty.
Reasons to Use Neem Oil for Your Hair:
1. Healthier hair and scalp. Weekly application of neem oil can result in healthier scalp and healthy hair. Massage the oil thoroughly into the scalp and leave it overnight or apply it prior to washing. When using neem oil, dilute it with some other carrier oils like almond oil or coconut oil as neem is a very strong oil and has a strong smell which people with sensitive noses might find difficult to tolerate.
2. Get Rid of Dandruff and Dry Scalp Neem oil is a natural cure for dandruff and dry scalp. Many dandruff shampoos utilize neem oil and regular usage can prevent dandruff from forming. Neem shampoo is the most convenient way to prevent other scalp ailments like itchy scalp and psoriasis. Regular application of the oil can also help to resolve thinning issues as the oil promotes hair growth and strengthens hair from the roots.
3. Condition Rough, Frizzy Hair
Neem oil can also be used to condition rough and frizzy hair. Add a few
drops of oil to your shampoo and then apply the shampoo on your hair
and leave it for a while. The hair will retain a nice shine once the
hair is dried.
4. Remove Head Lice Neem oil is a safe way to remove head lice. Other chemical products to remove lice can lead to several undesired effects on the scalp. Leave the neem oil overnight and then comb with a nit comb to remove lice. Neem oil does not have any adverse effects and there have been no allergic reactions to neem.
5. Increase Hair Growth Neem oil is also known for its ability to increase hair growth. It can be used to counter the effects of hair thinning due various reasons including stress, medication, pollution and more. It promotes hair growth and improves the quality of your hair at the same time. To get your own neem oil, or to find out more, just Click Here!