This foot spa gives you everything you need to give yourself a natural,
super-moisturizing pedicure that will leave your feet baby soft and
smooth. Fresh milk and sweet almond oil soften your feet while dead sea
salts slough away dead skin cells and invigorate your skin. Lemongrass
essential oil energizes and leaves your feet beautifully scented.
1/2 gallon whole milk (if you don't have whole milk you can use a different milk)
1 drop lemongrass essential oil
2 cups dead sea salts
1/2 cup sweet almond oil
1 bag marbles
How to make your foot spa:
1. Warm the milk over a very low flame in a large soup pot. Do not microwave and be sure not to scald the milk. It should be sufficiently warm in about 15 minutes. While the milk is warming, prepare the salt scrub. (The extremely busy woman can dispense with warming the milk. Just let the milk come to room temperature and use it that way. It will still make a good foot soak!)
2. Make the salt scrub by combining the Dead Sea Salts and almond oil in a large plastic bowl. Stir well. Add essential oil and stir again.
3. Remove the milk from heat. Pour it into a large dish pan or any plastic container large enough for both of your feet. Pour in the marbles. If necessary, spread a large beach towel so that when the salt flies a bit during scrubbing, it lands on the towel and not in your carpet.
4. If you're in the tub, sit in it dry and put the container of warm milk in a position where it's comfortable to dunk your feet in and exercise your toes by picking up the marbles. Soak to soften the skin for 10 minutes.
5. Scoop up a handful of the lemon scented Dead Sea Salts/almond oil mixture and begin scrubbing your lower legs and feet. If possible, do the scrubbing over the milk so any unused salt falls into it. This feels so good that if you have the space (the tub is best), you can scrub your knees and elbows and anything else dry!
6. Dunk your feet back into the milk mixture and rinse everything you scrubbed, including legs, etc. Soak for 5 more minutes. This second soak further softens skin (now that the dead layers have been removed!), plus gives your feet the added benefit of the melted Dead Sea Salt.
7. If you made a mess in the tub, that's OK because now you can just bathe it away. Pat your skin dry and apply a creamy foot cream.
You can find lemongrass essential oil, sweet almond oil and dead sea salt on the Africa Imports web site. If you'd like to find out more about natural African skin care just Click Here!