Most of us have seen the pictures of women getting facials with cucumber slices covering their eyes. Many of us have seen advertisements for products touting beneficial cucumber essences. So the question is, what makes cucumber so beneficial?
- Cucumber contains vitamin C and caffeic acid
- these nutrients help to soothe the skin while reducing redness and swelling.
- Cucumber is also a great source of silica, which is an essential component of healthy connective tissue in your skin. Cucumber improves your complexion and the overall health of the skin, plus it is naturally hydrating.
- The vitamin K in cucumber helps to rid you of under-eye circles.
- Cucumber has the same pH as the skin, which helps to restore the skin's protective and natural acid mantle.
- Cucumber tones the skin without stripping it of its natural oils.