Many times people resort to high-end creams or plastic surgery to create a more youthful appearance, but one of the best ways to promote younger skin is through massage!
Massage with natural oils like shea nut oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed, or sweet almond oil also helps to moisturize and clear the skin, giving you much-needed nutrients to keep your skin healthier longer.
Facelifting massage helps to relax your facial muscles, enliven your complexion, tone and condition your skin, improve circulation, release toxins, and reduce wrinkles. All it takes is a little bit of know-how.
How to Give a Facelifting Massage:
1. Dip the pads of your fingers in your oil and rub your palms together to spread it evenly. Place your fingertips on your jawbone and with light pressure, make a large, sweeping circle from the jaw line up either side of your nose to the center of the forehead, out along the hairline, and down the temples to meet at the jawbone. This gently stimulates energy and spreads the oil.
2. Using the tips of your index, middle, and ring fingers exert deep, local pressures starting at the chin and traveling along the jaw line and then up from the angles of the jaw to the temples.
3. Using the flat pads of your index, middle, and ring fingers or just your thumb, make spiraling or sweeping motions along each side of the nose, close to the base of the nostrils, moving first under the cheekbones and then up toward the tops of the ears.
4. Placing the tips of the middle fingers at the inner corners of the eyes, slide your fingers upward, pushing against the orbital bone, and then outward, just above the eyebrows, towards the ears.
5. Massage the forehead using small circular motions, starting just above the top of the nose, moving up toward the hairline, and then outward until you reach the temples.
6. Position the pads of all three fingers at the base of the central frown line, just above the top of the nose, and slide them toward the temples. Make gentle circular motions while you do this.
7. Massage your scalp firmly, as if you were shampooing your hair. Begin at the temples and work downward, behind the ears and towards the base of the skull.
8. Resting your palms on your ears so that the thumbs point downward, massage from your throat to the nape of the neck in a broad, spiraling stroke.
9. Place one hand, palm down, on each side of your nose. Your fingertips should rest slightly above your eyebrows. With firm, even pressure, slide your hands outward toward the ears.
10. Bring the sequence to an end by repeating the sweeping movement described in step 1.
If you'd like to find more natural ways to skin care, just Click Here!