Tomorrow marks the 33rd anniversary of Seychelles Independence from Great Britain in 1976. In honor of Seychelles, here are some interesting facts about the country:
- Seychelles held a three-month-long party after gaining independence.
- The main source of income in Seychelles is tourism followed by tuna fishing and canning.
- The granitic islands of Seychelles are the oldest oceanic islands on earth.
- Seychelles is an archipelago of more than 155 islands.
- The official languages of the nation are French and English along with Seychellois Creole.